Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Is it the process or the product

The semester winds to a close and I begin to reflect back on all the time spent this past semester. Working on class, working on study groups, working on a prelimary project, working on a relationship, working on staying in shape, working on meals, working on falling asleep....working, working, working.

I am tired.

You know what's interesting? How we create ourself for the world through language. For example this semester's been hugely productive (hence the work). Do you feel my tone becoming upbeat with the new sentence construction? I've enjoyed the transition to feeling familiar enough in Burlington to start relaxing and trusting my friendships. It's interesting how I now know ever turn and aisle at Shaw's on Shelburne road, I know when all the yoga classes happen (5:40 versus 5:45 to give a little extra time), where to get coffee (with cash or when you only have a credit card), and various other insider secrets that develop with time. Most importantly I have a few very important friends in my life who help me affirm reality and direct me toward my life aspirations....It's important to keep those social/environmental anchors close in your life rather than toss yourself into the winds (at least for me). I'm ready to be "home".

No comments: